Useful Tips On How To Drink Water
Can you lose weight by drinking water?
Yes, you can drink water to lose weight naturally. Drinking water is an effective tool in a dieter’s arsenal, especially when the goal is to lose weight. Water stimulates your energy expenditure to warm the fluid to your body temperature and body’s metabolism, ultimately useful for weight management.
The more energy your body expends, the faster your metabolism process. Water is an appetite suppressant and is naturally calorie-free. It helps to reduce the intake of 75 calories per meal.
Regularly drinking water helps your body function better; from thinking to shedding excess body fat. Taking more water reduces your vulnerability to constipation and bloating. Ditch drinking soda, alcoholic beverages, or other high-calorie drinks and get a bottle of water.
How Does Drinking Water Help You Lose Weight?
1. Suppresses your appetite
Water is a natural suppressant for appetite. Drinking water before a meal helps you control the number of calories you consume and helps you avoid overeating by filling up your stomach.
2. Burn more calories
Water can help you increase the calorie you burn. Always drink a glass of water 30 minutes before you eat a meal. It helps you control your calorie intake, burn between 2-3% more calories and help your body expend energy by heating up the water for digestion.
3. Remove waste from your body
Water aids digestion; help the body break down foods and absorb nutrients from them. Water assists the kidneys in filtering toxins and eliminating waste as the organ retains essential electrolytes and nutrients. With water, your body can recover faster from digestion issues such as indigestion and diarrhea.
4. Supports your workout
Drinking a glass of water before or after you exercise will help you energize, hydrate, and maintain your fluid balance. The water you drink after your exercise also rehydrates you to make up for the fluid you lost in the form of sweating while you worked out.
What Are The Best Times To Drink Water?
1. When You Wake Up
Ditch the coffee and drink 1-2 cups of water. You wake up dehydrated because you don’t drink water while you are asleep.
2. When you are hungry
Many times, we confused thirst with hunger which usually happens when you are hungry shortly after a meal. If you experience this often, try drinking water. This will help you prevent hunger pangs and unnecessary snacking.
3. Before A Meal
Water plays a big role in weight management and drinking a cup of it before a meal can help you regulate hunger, feel fuller, and to avoid overeating.
4. As You Eat
Drink water while eating – especially high-fiber foods – helps your body digest the food better. Fiber absorbs water as it moves through your digestive system, which helps to form stools and promotes regularity.
5. When You Have a Headache
A headache can be a symptom of dehydration, says According to the National Headache Foundation, dehydration can cause headache. It can also lead to migraine attacks. Drinking more water can help people with migraines to reduce the severity of the attack.
6. Days Leading Up To Your Workout
It is important to stay hydrating a day or two before a workout. Drinking a lot of water with the hope of getting hydrated as you are about to exercise, can result in bloating as you workout or result in uncomfortable sloshing. This is why it’s important to regularly drink water a few days before your day of exercise.
How Much Water Should You Drink To Lose Weight
There are factors that determine how much water we need to take daily for healthy weight loss and maintenance. These factors include your activity level, gender, and health condition. According to various studies, the following are tips on how much water you should drink if you are trying to lose weight or just to maintain your weight:
- According to the U.S. National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine, men should drink 15.5 cups (3.7 liters) while women should drink about 11.5 cups (2.7 liters) of water.
- Generally, about 1–2 liters of water daily is enough to support your weight loss journey.
- Drink 2 cups of water 20 to 30 minutes before meals.
- Drink between 2-4 glasses of water when you wake up in the morning.
- Drink about 16 ounces of water before your exercise, between 4-8 ounces during your workout, and 16 ounces of water after the workout.
- During summers, hydrate yourself by regularly drinking water.
10 Reasons To Drink Water
There are many wellness routines. Among the daily habits that are often listed as wellness routines, drinking water is always at the top of the list. Here are 10 key reasons to drink more water in other to support your overall well-being and help you lose weight:
1. Water makes up at least 70% of each cell in your body and supports cell structure.
2. Water is vital to the functioning of almost all your body’s systems.
3. Water regulates your internal body temperature through respiration and perspiration.
4. Water helps the bodies break down fats and other lipids through the metabolic process called lipolysis.
5. Water aids digestion and transports nutrients in your bloodstream.
6. It helps your body to flush out wastes.
7. It has zero calories, thus helping you reduce your caloric consumption whenever you drink it in place of other drinks that have calories.
8. Water helps your brain to function better.
9. It also helps you lubricate your joints.