VITAMINS THAT HELP REVERSE ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION
Erectile Dysfunction (ED) has been known to affect men from different races and ages. Before a challenge can be properly tackled for a lasting solution, the root cause must be known. The same thing applies to ED; there are different causes of ED and there are several treatments for them. Vitamins are a class of organic compounds that cannot be synthesized or are produced in limited amounts not up the required level needed by the human body. Vitamins are very important for normal cell metabolism and function. Though they are needed in little amounts, that is just what is enough for the essential role they play in promoting the overall health of the body. Healthy men have been found to have good erections and some causes of ED are related to health, so anything that can be done to boost the condition of the body will positively result in good erections. Most vitamins have been extracted from their natural forms and others are synthesized in the laboratory; they constitute the best natural ED products. Vitamins are one of the best natural ED products available and they help to restore erectile strength. Some of the best vitamins for ED, they include
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin E
TYPES OF VITAMINS
There are two major types of vitamins
- Water soluble vitamins
- Fat soluble vitamin
Water soluble vitamins simply mean that water is the medium that help to make the vitamin available to the body for optimum usage by the body. It is like dissolving the vitamins in water so that as your body uses water, the vitamins are obtained also. These vitamins are not retained in the body, therefore extra amounts are usually excreted from the body through urine. The body just uses what is just enough and lets the others go. Example of water soluble vitamins are B1, B2, B3, B6, B12, Vitamin C, Biotin and Folic acid (folate). Water soluble vitamins are the best vitamins for ED.
Fat soluble vitamins are vitamins that use fat as the means of transportation in the body. These class of vitamins can be retained in the body the same way fat is stored. Examples of fat soluble vitamins are vitamins A, D E, and K. Excessive amounts of fat soluble vitamins are not advised since too much fat are known to cause health problems like cardiovascular diseases, obesity which have adverse effects on your sexual health.
Vitamin A is a fat soluble vitamin that is usually stored in the liver. Vitamin A can be found in both plants and animals. Vitamin A is a good natural ED supplement. The strength of vitamin A is dependent on the concentration of the color which is an indicator of the amount of the pigment beta-carotene.
- Plant sources of vitamin A are fruits and vegetables that contain the pigment beta-carotene which is called the Pro vitamin A e.g. fruits and vegetables that are orange in color (carrots)
- Animal sources of vitamin A are meat, liver, kidney, cod and halibut fish oil, poultry (egg) and dairy (cheese) products that rich in proteins. The kind of vitamin A found in animals is called Preformed vitamin A
- Dietary supplements– certain foods like cereals, sugar are fortified with vitamin A
Functions of vitamin A
- Another name for vitamin A is Retinol because it produces a pigment which is named after where it is formed, the retina of the eyes. Retina is a vital part of the eyes responsible for vision. This is key here as men are weird to be aroused by what they see
- Vitamin A is also needed for reproduction
- It helps to maintain a good skeletal structure that promotes firmness and rigidity of the body
- Beta-carotene as an antioxidant plays a good role in aging process and prevents cells from damage by free radicals.
Vitamin B is a class of water soluble vitamin and there are many members of this family that help restore erectile strength. The following members are good natural ED products:
- Thiamin (vitamin B1)
- Riboflavin( vitamin B2)
- Niacin (vitamin B3)
- Pantothenic acid
- Pyridoxine (Vitamin B6)
- Biotin (vitamin B7)
- Folic acid
- Vitamin B12
Thiamine (Vitamin B1) – this vitamin is important in the breaking down of complex food materials for digestion in order to release energy for body functions. It also helps to keep the nerves alert. Sources of thiamin are vegetables (peas), eggs, whole grains, fresh and dried nuts, liver and some fortified foods .
Riboflavin (vitamin B2) – this vitamin also helps the body to derive energy it needs from the foods you eat and keeps the eyes and skin fresh and active. It promotes healthy nervous system. You get riboflavin from rice, milk, egg and from fortified food. Food products that contain riboflavin should be protected from UV so that this vitamin is not lost.
Niacin (vitamin B3) – this exists in two forms namely nicotinic acid and nicotinamide; these forms are obtained in foods. Such foods include fish, egg, milk, wheat flour and meat.
Pantothenic acid– this plays a key role in the proper coordination of the brain and spinal cord. It also ensures that foods are assimilated into the blood stream with the release of energy. Pantothenic acid is readily present in meat and vegetables of all sorts. e.g meat, chicken, beef, potatoes, porridge, tomatoes, eggs and kidney.
Vitamin B6– this is also known as pyridoxine. It goes a step further to allow the body store energy for future use after the release of energy. It helps in the formation of “heme”- the major component of hemoglobin necessary for the transportation of blood and oxygen in the body. Pyridoxine is present in a wide range of foods like fish, bread, chicken, turkey, whole grains, soy beans, peanuts and milk.
Biotin (vitamin B7) – this is a vitamin that majorly aids the breakdown of fat. The major producers of biotin are bacteria in the intestine and studies are not conclusive about additional dosage from diets. Biotin is present in very low quantity in some foods.
Folic acid– this is also called folate and it works in conjunction with vitamin B12 to produce vibrant red blood cells. You need good red bloods cells for good blood circulation in your body and to your penis for erection. Folate is derived from food substances like asparagus, peas, broccoli, liver, spinach and chickpeas. Folate is available as a natural ED product.
Vitamin B12- Another name for vitamin B12 is Cobalamin because it contains the mineral element “cobalt” bound to other compounds. Vitamin B12 is very essential in metabolism. It is needed for DNA, RNA, hormones, lipids and protein synthesis because it donates an important group called “methyl” that serves as a linkage of the building blocks for these major body macromolecules. Meat, salmon, egg, fish, and cheese are rich in folate.
Vitamin C is quite unique to humans and so much work has been done on it that it has been manufactured into an ED supplement. It is also known as Ascorbic acid. Vitamin C is one of the water soluble vitamins and this is the reason that makes it come out of the body in urine. Vitamin C cannot be stored in the body and that is why you have to replenish the dose in your body. Vitamin C has been found to be involved in the improvement of blood flow and there is so much connection between blood flow and good erection. This is a very good natural ED supplement substitute for Viagra supplements conventionally used by men with ED.
Functions of vitamin C
- It is important in the formation of some neurotransmitters, collagen and L- Carnitine.
- L-Carnitine is a very good natural ED supplement
- Neurotransmitters are necessary for good communication of stimuli
- Collagen is a connective tissue that helps in the repair of worn out tissues like wounds
- Vitamin C is also involved in the synthesis of protein in the body
- Vitamin C functions as an antioxidant that are necessary for the elimination of free radicals that are dangerous to the body
- Vitamin C helps to boost the immune system
- It aids the body in the absorption of the form of iron present in plants
Sources of Vitamin C
- . Vitamin C is a good natural ED supplement that is readily available all around you embedded in fruits like the citrus family, melons, berries, pineapple, papaya and vegetables like tomato, spinach and broccoli. Other sources are potatoes, kiwifruit, red and green pepper, straw berries, Brussels sprouts and cantaloupe.
- Dietary supplements- ascorbic acids
Vitamin D is a fat soluble vitamin that has been found to be associated with low bone pain and muscle weakness; these are the results of deficiency of vitamin D. Vitamin D is available in a little amount in foods, as a supplement and it can be tapped naturally. Sun rays of early hours of the morning shining on your skin stimulate the body to produce vitamin D. The symptoms of Vitamin D are very subtle and you have to do test to check the level of Vitamin D in your body. Vitamin D is a good vitamin supplement that can be taken for general body function and erectile strength. Vitamin D is a good natural ED product which should be used more by men with ED instead of Viagra vitamins.
Functions of vitamin D
– it helps in the absorption of calcium which makes bone formation and growth easy in the body. It prevents rickets in children and osteomalacia and osteoporosis in adults. It also promotes general body stamina; erection requires some energies you know, therefore you need vitamin D.
Sources of vitamin
- Foods like salmon, tuna, mackerel and fish liver oils e.g. cod liver oil; the flesh of these fatty fish is the best part that contains vitamin D. Beef liver, cheese and egg yolks also contain vitamin D though in low quantity.
- Sun exposure- ultra violent wavelength of 290-320nanometers is able to penetrate the skin and cutaneous 7-hydrocholesterol to previtamin. Previtamin is a precursor the the production of vitamin D. this in time is further converted to vitamin D3- this is the form in which vitamin D is absorbed in the body.
- Dietary supplements- Food products like cereals, orange juice, ice-cream, yoghurt fortified with vitamin D can also be eaten.
Vitamin E is available in natural and dietary forms. This is a fat soluble vitamin that exists in eight different forms but the only form necessary for human development is the “alpha tocopherol”. The liver secretes this alpha tocopherol for its amazing functions. Vitamin E ia available as a natural dietary ED supplement
Functions of vitamin E
– as an antioxidant, it protects the body against the harmful effect of accumulation of free radicals. Free radicals are known to cause cardiovascular diseases and a potential cause of cancer. Vitamin E supplements are used for the prevention and treatment of all forms of heart diseases and conditions. It is also used to treat diabetes and its complications, thereby promoting good erection by tackling underlying causes. It is also used for improving strength and movement especially after exercise. Vitamin E is necessary for the wellness of some organs of the body.
Sources of vitamin E
– foods like nuts, seeds, vegetable oil, soybean, canola, wheat germ oil, eggs, cereals and corn.
One very worthy note is that you should not use vitamin supplements that help ED indiscriminately without a professional advice and check up. The reason is because vitamins are micro nutrients needed to perform their important functions in just little amount. How little is little? This will be determined by specific needs as advised by your doctor. You should also spice up yourself by enjoying the wide array of vitamins present in all sorts of foods. fruits and vegetables.