Garcinia Cambogia Benefits people in losing weight, it is a small pumpkin-shaped fruit that grows in Southeast Asia and India. The key active ingredient found in garcinia cambogia is Hydroxycitric Acid (HCA).
Currently there are at least 14 separate HCA–containing products sold over-the-counter to consumers labeled as “garcinia cambogia.” Most people are drawn to the idea of using GC because of the potential that it can provide near-effortless, quick weight loss without the need to change someone’s overall diet or lifestyle very much.
GC itself is not a new product; in fact, it’s been consumed in parts of Asia for many years, although not for the purpose of losing weight. Since GC (traditionally also known as the Malabar tamarind) first began to gain popularity in the U.S. several years ago — after appearing frequently in the media and on popular health-related TV shows — sales have gone up dramatically. More and more people are purchasing this so-called “weight loss miracle drug” in hopes of losing stubborn body fat they’ve been struggling with for years.
But just like most other weight-loss supplements, pills and products, studies regarding GC’s effects and safety have been mixed. While there’s some evidence that HCA might be able to aid in weight loss even when someone does not exercise often or change their diet very much, there’s also concerns regarding serious side effects that can occur including liver damage or failure, anxiety, fatigue, dizziness and digestive problems.
Remember that just because GC is derived from a natural fruit doesn’t mean it’s always completely safe. So is garcinia cambogia ultimately worth trying? Let’s take a look at how HCA works, in what situations garcinia cambogia benefits, and what adverse reactions are possible when using any type of weight loss drug.
Finally, it’s worth considering the fact that time and time again we see various fad products and diets being publicized to help boost weight loss — but what really works in the end is living a healthy lifestyle long-term.
If you heard about Garcinia Cambogia for the first time on television, then you are not alone. It seems that most of us learn about our diet products there first these days. This is a particularly difficult product name to remember, but once you get the hang of it, it will roll off your tongue! The important thing to remember is that it is a natural weight loss supplement that works.
How Does Garcinia Cambogia Work?
This natural nutritional supplement works in several ways that will help you to lose weight:
1. It supports appetite control, which means that it will curb your hunger.
2. It inhibits the fat production that occurs from overeating.
3. It is a natural anti-oxidant, which means that it is good for overall health.
Recent studies also show that Garcinia Cambogia can help to reduce blood cholesterol in addition to reducing sub-cutaneous fat storage.
The recent studies that have been done with this product prove that it will help you lose two to three times as much weight as you would have if you didn’t take any supplement, and that most people who do use this will lose up to ten pounds per month without ever changing their diet – and that is big news.
What Will You Read in a Garcinia Cambogia Review?
Many of the Garcinia Cambogia review articles will show you that this is significantly more effective than green coffee bean extract, raspberry ketones, or even acai berry extract, though these were all featured on one of the large television doctor shows at one time or the other. The reason why this particular product works so well is because it is considered to be a “Dual Action Fat Buster”, which suppresses your appetite while decreasing the size of your fat cells.
Where Can You Buy Garcinia Cambogia?
This product is fairly new in spite of the fact that it is really a natural fruit product. But, you won’t find it in stores yet, and if you do, you should be careful. There are some companies that are making this in high volume and shipping it out to major retailers, but these products are not as pure nor as fresh as they would be if you bought them online. In fact, buying this online is the best way to make sure that you get a money back guarantee & also gives you a wider range of choice of Garcinia Cambogia supplements to choose from – See the bottom of the page for 2 garcinia supplements we highly recommend.
How Much Weight Can You Lose on This Product?
Like the studies show, you should expect to lose up to 10 pounds in a month without making any other changes in your life. There aren’t a lot of products that will back a claim like that, but this one will – as long as you buy it online.
Is This Supplement Right for You?
Because this is all natural and it doesn’t require you to go on a huge diet or live your life in the gym, it seems that when you read any Garcinia Cambogia review, this is a product that is right for just about anyone. Whether you have a lot of weight to lose or just a few pounds, Garcinia Cambogia Benefits for sure and can help you to quickly reach your goals and desired weight.
Garcinia Cambogia Benefits? What The Studies Tell Us
Garcinia cambogia reviews, research results and weight loss testimonials have been mixed to say the least. By far the most well-publicized benefit of using garcinia cambogia is its ability to increase weight loss. Other claims that are commonly made about garcinia cambogia’s effects include:
- loss of appetite, or less of a desire to eat than usual
- reduced cravings for unhealthy foods, such as sugar addiction
- a more positive mood (including feeling happier, more energetic and less tired)
- increased energy and concentration
- stabilized blood sugar levels
- improved bowel movements
- reduced joint pains
- improved cholesterol levels
- stronger desire to be physically active
Most of the claims above have not been backed by scientific studies, however some have. Below are several benefits of garcinia cambogia that actually have some merit:
1. Weight Loss
Some studies have found that garcinia cambogia might, in fact, be able to help with low amounts of fat loss, plus some of the other health concerns mentioned above, although its effects are rarely strong or consistent. For example, research suggests that HCA works by blocking a certain enzyme called adenosine triphosphatase-citrate-lyase, which contributes to the formation of fat cells. But studies comparing GC’s effects to controls have found that it might only increase weight loss by a mere 1–2 pounds on average. These findings are exactly what researchers published in the Journal of Obesity in 2011: When they compared people who took garcinia cambogia extract to those who didn’t, the weight difference was very small (on average just about two pounds). Plus, it wasn’t even possible to conclude that GC was directly responsible for the additional pounds lost. The meta-analysis reviewed results from 12 different trails involving GC and revealed a small, statistically significant difference in weight loss favoring use of garcinia cambogia products containing HCA slightly over use of a placebo. However, the analysis also found that some studies showed digestive side effects (“gastrointestinal adverse events”) were twice as common in HCA groups compared with placebo! Results from various weight loss studies involving GC have been very mixed. One study in the meta-analysis reported a significant decrease in fat mass in the HCA group compared with placebo, two studies reported a significant decrease in visceral/subcutaneous/total fat areas in the HCA group compared with placebo, but two other studies found no significant difference at all between HCA and placebo. A study that was published in the Journal of the American Medical Association found that GC used for 12 weeks (1500 milligrams dosage) “failed to produce significant weight loss and fat mass loss beyond that observed with placebo.” The conclusion of the meta-analysis regarding garcinia cambogia? Researchers summed up their findings by saying that “the magnitude of the effects are small, and the clinical relevance is uncertain. Future trials should be more rigorous and better reported.” The bottom line is that if you’re struggling to lose weight, GC likely won’t be the answer.
2. Lowering Appetite
Studies have also suggested that it’s possible that HCA found in garcinia cambogia can help lower someone’s appetite by increasing production of the neurotransmitter serotonin, which is associated with calm, happy feelings and. therefore, sometimes appetite suppression, less cravings and reduced desire for comfort foods. Other animal studies show it might also help increase energy expenditure. Keep in mind, however, that this isn’t the case with all people, and that there are other, potentially less-risky ways to better manage your appetite and boost serotonin production (such as beating balanced meals with protein foods and healthy carbs at regular times throughout the day).
3. Lower Cholesterol
There is some support for garcinia cambogia being able to improve cholesterol levels and lower triglycerides. It might also be able to help raise HDL “good” cholesterol. It’s not safe for anyone already taking medications that affect cholesterol however, and its effects don’t seem to be very reliable or strong. Other studies have found that GC has “no significant effect on anthropometric parameters, REE, triglycerides or glucose levels” but might have a small effect on lowering cholesterol. Keep in mind that there are also plenty of other natural ways to improve cholesterol levels — including exercising and eating more dietary fiber from high-fiber foods like veggies, nuts, seeds and beans.
4. Stabilized Blood Sugar
Finally, what about CG’s effects on blood sugar levels? Some evidence exists showing that garcinia cambogia can help control blood sugar by improving how cells take up glucose (sugar) to be used for energy. One way in which it might improve weight loss is through inhibition of pancreatic alpha amylase enzymes, changes in intestinal alpha glucosidase and alterations in fatty acid synthesis. This might be able to change how carbohydrates are metabolized. This might possibly help your body respond to insulin better, although it can raise the risk for having low blood sugar levels in some people, too. If you have a history of blood sugar swings, you’re pre-diabetic, diabetic or taking medications that alter insulin’s effects, then GC might make your blood sugar drop dangerously low. While this doesn’t appear to happen in everyone who takes GC, it’s something else to consider.
Potential Garcinia Cambogia Side Effects?
While some people claim that they don’t experience any side effects at all from using GC, other have had a very different experience. Here’s one disturbing finding regarding the use of garcinia cambogia extract that you might not have heard about: It’s contributed to at least several patients winding up in the hospital with liver failure and needing emergency liver transplants. A 2016 article published by the Transplantation Center at the Mayo Clinic reports that millions of Americans regularly use herbal supplements but aren’t aware of their full effects. Many weight loss drugs pose potential hidden dangers and are “associated with hepatotoxicity and acute liver injury.” (7) In the case of garcinia cambogia, it can easily be overused and is not very well-regulated. Some manufacturers recommend taking high doses multiple times per day, for example 30 to 60 minutes before every meal for 8–12 weeks straight.
- becoming fuzzy or weak
- skin rashes
- an increase in catching colds/lower immune function
- dry mouth and bad breath
- digestive issues like nausea, trouble eating or diarrhea
Something else to consider about GC is the long list of its potential medical/drug interactions. Many people should avoid garcinia cambogia due to how it can effect other medications, pregnancy, nutrient levels, blood sugar and more. Garcinia cambogia can potentially interact badly with:
- pregnancy and breastfeeding
- existing cases of liver or kidney damage
- medications that are taken to control asthma and allergies
- diabetes medications and insulin
- iron supplements (usually taken by people with anemia)
- pain medications
- medications used to control mental disorders like anxiety and depression
- statin drugs that lower cholesterol
- blood thinning drugs (like warfarin)
How Much Garcinia Cambogia Should You Take?
If you decide that you still want to try taking GC for weight loss or its other benefits, here’s what you need to know about dosage recommendations for products containing HCA:
- Studies using GC have used a wide range of doses, anywhere from 1 gram to 2.8 grams daily. Typical doses are uusally between 250–1,000 milligrams per day
- Study durations have also varied widely, ranging from using GC between 2–12 weeks at a time
- The optimal dose of HCA is currently still unknown; it’s not clear if a higher HCA dosage even means a higher bioavailability of HCA once consumed
- There does seem to be a significant correlation between the dosage of HCA and body weight loss, meaning higher doses will have slightly more effects
- Garcinia cambogia continues to be the most widely used supplement in studies for providing HCA, however aside from GC, HCA can also be found in supplements made from the plant Hibiscus subdariffa
- Because most studies have investigated the effects of GC taken for about 8 weeks, researchers believe this ultimately “too short a time to assess the effects of HCA on body weight”
To be on the safe side, avoid buying garcinia cambogia “formulas” or “supplement blends,” which might fail to report all of the other ingredients included or accurate levels of HCA. Many proprietary formulas are made by manufacturers that only use a fraction of the active ingredient or standard dose to keep costs down. Always read labels and look for the words “pure garcinia cambogia” and “hydroxycitric acid (or HCA) extract” (this should be around 50-60 percent of the product). If you’re purchasing a blend and see an ingredient listed without an amount, that can be a red flag that you don’t know exactly what you’re getting.
While using the Garcinia Cambogia Benefits you should always consider the following to stay healthy:
- Get good sleep! A lack of sleep (less than 7–9 hours nightly for most people) can mean a lack of weight loss
- Eat more fiber: adults need to aim for at least 25–30 grams daily from things like veggies, fruit, ancient grains, sprouted legumes and seeds
- Use healthy fats: coconut oil has natural fat-burning effects just like GC does, plus many more benefits like improving gut health, too. Other healthy fats that can help control your appetite include real olive oil, avocado. fats from grass-fed beef, nuts and seeds
- Utilize adaptogen herbs: adaptogen herbs like maca, ginseng and rhodiola can help control health conditions that can make it hard to lose weight (like high amounts of stress, thyroid issues, leaky gut, adrenal fatigue, cellular toxicity and candida)
- Don’t skimp on protein: protein foods are satisfying and essential for building muscles; regularly include proteins like cage-free eggs and wild-caught fish in your meals
- Consume probiotics: probiotic foods and supplements not only help balance improve digestive health, they also balance hormones, raise immunity, control your appetite and play a part in weight control
- Switch up your exercise routine: try burst-training exercises and other forms of high intensity interval training (HIIT) to keep challenging your muscles, work in with a group, add in weight training, and relax with yoga in between workouts
- Stand up more during the day: sitting for long periods of time is associated with being overweight and a higher risk for obesity
- Sneak more fitness into your day: take the stairs, do body weight exercises at home, or try wearing a fitness tracker for motivation — try some of these exercise hacks
- Schedule your workouts ahead of time: this makes it much more likely you’ll follow through
- Use essential oils for weight loss: natural oils including grapefruit, cinnamon and ginger oil can help control your appetite, hormones and digestive symptoms
Garcinia Cambogia Products – Recommended by Weight Loss Reviews Hub
1.) Apex Garcinia Cambogia Plus Diet Trial (US & CA Citizens Only)