Easy Ways To Lose Weight At Home
Losing weight is always very difficult. By the time you finish reading this blog post, you would see ways you can lose weight conveniently from the comfort of your home. You can lose weight quickly if you cut back on sugars, starches, or carbohydrates. It could be with a low-carb eating plan or by reducing refined carbs and replacing them with whole grains.
When you replace starchy foods with low carbs and whole grains, your hunger levels go down, and you generally end up eating fewer calories. You will utilize and burn stored fat for energy instead of carbs if you strictly follow a low-carb eating plan. Reduced-calorie diet aids weight loss and very easy to maintain for a long time.
9 Tips To Lose Weight Fast At Home
Here are nine (9) more tips to lose weight fast:
1. Eat a high-protein breakfast. A high-protein breakfast helps reduce calories intake and cravings throughout the day. Protein has powerful effects on appetite. It can increase feelings of fullness, reduce hunger and help you eat fewer calories of food.
2. Avoid sugary drinks and fruit juice. Empty calories from sugar are not healthy for your body and can hinder weight loss.
3. Drink water before meals. Research had shown that drinking water before meals reduced calorie intake and may be effective in weight management.
4. Choose weight-loss-friendly foods. Certain foods are better for weight loss than others. Know what to eat and the time to eat. Avoid late night food.
5. Eat soluble fiber. Research has proven that soluble fiber promotes weight loss. Asides, soluble fibers, fiber supplements also promote weight loss. It is a better alternative to soluble fiber.
6. Drink coffee or tea. Caffeine consumption can boost your metabolism.
7. Base your diet on whole foods. Whole foods are healthier, more filling, and less likely to cause overeating than processed foods.
8. Eat slowly. Eating very fast can cause you to gain weight over time because you don’t chew the food well. Thus, it is difficult for the food to digest properly. Eating slow boosts weight loss hormones and make you feel full easily. Chewing your food makes you eat very slow and is associated with decreased food intake, increased fullness, and smaller portion sizes. Eating your food very slowly can help you feel full with fewer calories
9. Get good quality sleep. Sleep is salient for many reasons, and poor sleep is one of the risk factors for weight gain. Sleeping very well for about seven to eight hours a day reduces stress, boosts metabolism, and improves overall health.
Sample meal ideas for fast weight loss
Below is an example of food ideas for people trying to lose weight. It is important to note that the meal plans listed below are low carb which range between 20-50 carbs per day. All meals should include protein, healthy fats, and vegetables. You are to eat a balanced diet meal.
- Berries and sliced avocado with poached egg
- Spinach, mushroom, and feta crustless quiche
- Cottage cheese, a green smoothie with spinach, nut milk, and avocado.
- Berries, almonds with unsweetened Greek yoghurt
- Avocado and smoked salmon with a side of asparagus
- Lettuce wrap grilled chicken with black beans, red pepper, and salsa
- Grilled Tofu with kale and spinach salad with chickpeas and guacamole
- Celery Sticks with BLT wrap and peanut butter
- Baked turkey with mushrooms, onions, peppers, and cheese
- Roasted Cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, and pine nuts
- Salmon baked with sesame oil, ginger, and roasted zucchini
- Cauliflower hummus and veggies
- Homemade trail mix with fruits and any type of nut
- Kale chips
- Cottage cheese with cinnamon and flaxseeds
- Spicy roasted chickpeas
- Roasted pumpkin seeds
- Tuna pouches
- Steamed edamame
- Strawberries and brie
Other Ideas On How To Lose Weight At Home
Apart from the tips above, the following are other lifestyle changes you can incorporate to get rid of excess body fat:
1. Drink Lemon and Honey Water
It is not much effort but a very effective method that helps in weight management. Warm a lemon-honey drink increases metabolism. Drinking a glass on an empty stomach gets you in a fat-burning mode right from the beginning of your day.
2. Replace Beverages With Water
While trying to lose weight, drink water instead of beverages. Water is naturally calorie-free. Make drinking water a habit whenever you are thirsty. Replace your regular juices and beverage that contain high calories and sugar with water. Going out with a water bottle will help you drink more water.
3. Be Physically Active
Engage in at least ten minutes of sports every morning. Physical activities at home can also consist of a small set of exercises, which will take you no more than 10 minutes each morning, just before breakfast. They will work muscle strength rather than cardio and will also wake up each of your muscle groups.
Just for you, in our next blog post, we will make a list of exercises you can easily do from the comfort of your house and still lose weight. If you find exercises stressful, start dancing. Dancing or dance aerobics such as Zumba is a fun way to burn calories compared with sweating out doing an intensive workout.
4. Stress Less
Stress is a weight gainer. Most people binge eat or smoke when stressed, and that does no good to your body. You have to organize your life. Declutter your space, exercise, eat healthily, have a work-life balance, then you will automatically be calm.
A rested body functions better. You will be shocked to know how many calories you burn while sleeping. Your answer is likely to be “not many.” Meanwhile, your body is at work using energy even when you’re at rest. So, get enough rest and sleep well
On a final note, when you diligently follow these tips, you will see results. Be determined, be consistent. We will bring you more posts on how to stay fit and healthy.